Sunday 18 March 2012

Less Is More - Masking

Morning Bloggers!

It's a lovely sunny day here, not ventured outside yet, but hoping it's warm :)

Happy Mother's Day

to all the mummies out there today, but especially to my wonderful mum - love you lots!!!

I've been busy trying to get as much as my paperwork done as possible this week, and there's still so much to do before Wednesday!  I have a lady coming from the Early Years Team on Wednesday, to assess my paperwork etc, before I send off my registration form to Ofsted - it's going quickly now, but it still could be another 4-6 weeks before I am registered.......can't come soon enough if you ask me!  I can't wait!!

Anyway, onto my card for today, the challenge over at Less Is More this week, is masking, and here is my effort.



Sorry about the shadows on the photos...

A very simple card - I took the dog stamps and stamped onto a Post-it Note and then cut out each little dog. I then stamped my first dog straight onto my card blank.  I then took my mask and placed it directly over the first dog...then stamped the next one and masked on so on, until I had a line of dogs ;)

The dogs are coloured with, you guessed it, promarkers :)  Have left the colouring simple, no shading or blending as I wanted a very graphic looking image really.  I am going to use a black gloss pen and add some shine to the dog's noses, but my other pens are up in the loft, and Jamie is going to be working in the garden all day....I can't get up into the loft on my own :(

The stamps are made by Woodware - I think!

Finished off with the fab sentiment - Love me, Love my Dog!  So true!

Just entering this into Less is More today.

Thanks for looking. Xxx

11 comments:

  1. Aww this is fab hun! Love it! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab Kim. I love how the one on the end looks like he's trying to push the little grey one out of the way!
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute love it, simple but very eyecatching!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ths is such a cute card I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks super Kim, what cute doggies!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your masked dogs Kim and they'll look lovely with nice glossy noses! Good luck with your registration! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kim this is super cute
    Brilliant masking and colouring
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. brilliant card kim.i love the cute little dogs and fab cas design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card! LOVE the little dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a fantastic card! I love the line of dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, what a super cute card! so lovely dogs!

    ReplyDelete